DEMO Cream Pie and Persica Fuzzes

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
So, I should start this off by saying I am a huge Fran fanboy. These Fuzzes are absolutely amazing, and I wish her other circuits were available in the shop.

These ones are particularly awesome for their low parts counts, ease of build, low noise floor, and vast range they each have. They both do heavy, cutting, and clear but each have their own distinct voices, and I highly recommend them for fans of filth

I felt comparing them directly on A/B, parallel, and series was only right.

received_750069116478992.jpeg

Last edited:
Great demo !

I just wonder which one is on the left and which one is on the right ?
When the green light is on, that's the right channel, which in this instance is the Peach Fuzz. Red is Cream Pie. At least for a/b and parallel.

I forget the order switching in series mode

So, the guitar is sent to both, and then each pedal gets sent to the amp?
Yeah, basically.

The input is sent to the two separate effects loops, and you can choose whether they're in series (with order switching) or ran parallel, and then that amalgamated signal is sent to the output.

There's also levels for each channel, and a dry blend. I typically ignore the dry and leave the channel volumes at noon

You could also use a Boss Line Selector pedal. I love using it on bass to blend a dry signal with a fuzz/distortion signal to get some growl but still retain the original low end.
The LS-2 is cool, but the Switchblade has the upper hand in that all the modes on the Boss can be selected with the footswitch. It also has an internal phase switch, so that particular issue also becomes moot. And, it's got it's separate dry level.

I do think the Boss looks cooler though

The LS-2 is cool, but the Switchblade has the upper hand in that all the modes on the Boss can be selected with the footswitch. It also has an internal phase switch, so that particular issue also becomes moot. And, it's got it's separate dry level.

I do think the Boss looks cooler though
Cool. Didn't know that. I'll have to check it out. As usual the Boss form factor wins out but EHX always seems to pack in the features.

Cool. Didn't know that. I'll have to check it out. As usual the Boss form factor wins out but EHX always seems to pack in the features.
Found this pic online, comparing the size of the Switchblade Pro to a typical Boss compact. It's been ages since I've had a Boss pedal in my hands, but the size difference isn't as great as I'd imagined

Screenshot_20230225-131021.png

EDIT-: And, here are the guts
Screenshot_20230225-131506.png

Last edited:
I’m having low volume issues with the Oeach fuzz. I’m a Fran fanatic so I’m super bummed. Built two and the same result. Plenty of successful vero builds and pcb mania even though I don’t like em that much. I was stocked because double pedals wound look good having the same template and all.

Did you use an actual TL022?? For the PF?
I’m a bit baffled at that choice when the original is TLC2262 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m having low volume issues with the Oeach fuzz. I’m a Fran fanatic so I’m super bummed. Built two and the same result. Plenty of successful vero builds and pcb mania even though I don’t like em that much. I was stocked because double pedals wound look good having the same template and all.

Did you use an actual TL022?? For the PF?
I’m a bit baffled at that choice when the original is TLC2262 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'll have to open it tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I used a TL072.

I've built two Persicas from here, and a handful of FuzzDog's version, and I've never encountered an issue with low volume. That's one thing I've always been able to depend on with these Fran fuzzes- they're loud as fuck.

In the video above, I'm using an Alumitone equipped guitar, and those pickups put out a ton of signal, and my build has no issue keeping up with it volume balance wise.

Perhaps post a troubleshooting thread?

I'll have to open it tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I used a TL072.

I've built two Persicas from here, and a handful of FuzzDog's version, and I've never encountered an issue with low volume. That's one thing I've always been able to depend on with these Fran fuzzes- they're loud as fuck.

In the video above, I'm using an Alumitone equipped guitar, and those pickups put out a ton of signal, and my build has no issue keeping up with it volume balance wise.

Perhaps post a troubleshooting thread?
Wow I’m surprised you could read my message haha. Not sure what that was about. Thanks yeah I bet you just used a Tlo72. Something is very off/weird. Like you said they are always loud as fuck.I did post to trouble shooting thanks :)

Super weird things are happening with this build. Like it’s quiet, then I touch a screw driver light or to the with pin of Q3 and it’s full out volume. Having two builds with the same problem isn’t possible by builder error. I was so damn careful the second time. And I have a really good record. Of course right when my fav fuzz comes out something is up. I sell some builds. So it’s important to me that I can use the same template for a double sided frantone with order switcher ;)

Besides that I love building them for myself. Peach Fuzz is underrated and yes LOUD :(

I don't think it'd particularly matter with how they're used in this circuit, but the 386s might be at fault. I know certain makes do weird things in other circuits, though
For reference, I know I used LM386N-4 in mine

I don't think it'd particularly matter with how they're used in this circuit, but the 386s might be at fault. I know certain makes do weird things in other circuits, though
For reference, I know I used LM386N-4 in mine
Yes I’ve seen builds that insist on LM386-1 specifically or they won’t work well, or at all. I have some coming but it will be a while. The pedal pcb board says tlo22, which I’ve never used and was never used for the peach fuzz to my knowledge. It’s TLC2262… or many other opamps.

Not sure why they chose that one when the original is a TLC2262. People could use this or a tlo72. I have both.

I’ve tried a few different 386’s. I’ve tried LM386-3 (I’ve heard the numbers are just how much voltage they can handle) and other ones I forget right now and ……

Same deal. Low volume. I can hear that it is functioning well as a peach fuzz…. Just extremely quiet.

Maybe it has something to do with the tlo22 pinout being different? I don’t know. I know if I take my output signal from r6 it’s much louder. Same with pin 8 on Q3. There isn’t much after that. Just a ceramic cap and 1U film cap so what the hell haha.

My signal injector pen sends a signal through the whole circuit fine. And I’ve built two of these now in case I screwed the first up(super unlikely, I took extra care)

Back