D&M Drive

SillyOctpuss

@Robert I know the original thread talking about this was back in 2019 but has this project been totally shelved?

I know it's just an OCD and Klon but I've been using my OCD and Klone a lot with my Marshall recently and they sound really great together.

Did keeley remove the buffer for the Klone side? My OCD clone is built to 1.7 specs and is ok with a buffer after it but obviously sucks with a buffer in front. I tried the V2 OCD but really prefer the original version.

Being able to put both circuits in one box, switch the order and have them play nice would be excellent.

Yeah, one PCB in 1590BB2 instead of 2 PCBs in 1590XX — Would be welcomed.

Yeah this is one benefit but the other is having the two circuits playing nice together when you have the Klone in front of the OCD. I can't do that with my current setup with two separate pedals.

@Robert I know the original thread talking about this was back in 2019 but has this project been totally shelved?

I know it's just an OCD and Klon but I've been using my OCD and Klone a lot with my Marshall recently and they sound really great together.

Did keeley remove the buffer for the Klone side? My OCD clone is built to 1.7 specs and is ok with a buffer after it but obviously sucks with a buffer in front. I tried the V2 OCD but really prefer the original version.

Being able to put both circuits in one box, switch the order and have them play nice would be excellent.
Watch this!:

I maybe wrong but I 'm sure it was listed somewhere that the Buffer was removed.
Only Robert can answer as to why it was never released, maybe not enough interest???
Dan is a switching guru & the pedal involved TRS switching so maybe that was a contributing factor.
I have never seen a gut shot of the D&M so is it SMD which also has it's advantage to fit in the enclosure???

I maybe wrong but I 'm sure it was listed somewhere that the Buffer was removed.
Only Robert can answer as to why it was never released, maybe not enough interest???
Dan is a switching guru & the pedal involved TRS switching so maybe that was a contributing factor.
I have never seen a gut shot of the D&M so is it SMD which also has it's advantage to fit in the enclosure???

Yeah the SMD thing makes it hard to get any real info from the gut shots. In the few I saw the germanium diodes were the only through hole parts on it.

It's not shelved, I just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm pretty sure both sides are true bypass.

Thanks Robert. The only Klone without a Buffer I've tried was the fuzzdog project and it was kinda weird in true bypass mode. I might check out the aion project in the meantime while I wait for a d&m from you.

@SillyOctpuss "I might check out the aion project in the meantime while I wait for a d&m from you."

Are you just referring to the Aion Klon board? I looked for a D&M there and didn't see anything.

Back