Danube Fuzz (Skreddy P19)

my jig wasn't exactly set up right on this one and the top bent slightly when i punched the enclosure for its dc jack. You can only tell with the back off so no biggie.

I really love it. It totally nails those David Gilmour tones, but is just a great BMP on its own. Not muddy or overly bassy at all, easy to dial in. This one has the BC550C trannies, i built another with 2N5089's and it sounds to me a little brighter.

Really Stella work, right down to the font. Great execution. Great circuit, too. Been meaning to box mine up for a while, but other things keep getting in the way.

Hi! I just built this, and it was giving me fits. Thanks to your photos, I see that my BC550Cs were upside down (relative to the PCB screen), and problem solved!

Yup, BJTs will work backwards. They have a lot less gain that way. Check out the Death by Audio Fuzz War v1, five of the seven transistors are deliberately installed upside-down. Crazy shit.

Skreddy released the Schematic a few years back & the emmiter goes to 200 ohm resistors to Ground on Q1, Q2 & Q3.
Q4 Emitter to 2K7 to Ground which is what PedalPCB layout is drawn as & Transistor orientation is correct!

1614728665677.png

Respect to Marc Ahlfs, but carbon comp resistors? :ROFLMAO:
I have a Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver (yes, a real one) and a couple of the resistors are CC. How he decides which resistors should be CC is a mystery to me.

Back