Dark Esbat - Too clean, zero gain.

gomiloca

Hi dear DIY friends.
I have a problem with the Dark Esbat overdrive.
Everything works fine except that the pedal is clean even with gain at max value.
Someone would have a clue.
I have no idea what i need to measure ti troubleshoot this pedal.

Thanks !

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-02-12 at 3.26.15 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-12 at 3.26.15 PM.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 34
I would confirm the value of the Drive pot.

This circuit (including the original) didn't have anywhere near as much gain as I expected, I believe most of the demos are running into an already dirty amp.

Regardless, it shouldn't be completely clean.

show and tell -- pic of the other side of the board may assist with getting useful suggestions h

I would confirm the value of the Drive pot.

This circuit (including the original) didn't have anywhere near as much gain as I expected, I believe most of the demos are running into an already dirty amp.

Regardless, it shouldn't be completely clean.
Thanks a lot, drive pot is correct c100k
this pedal has no gain in clean and low volume?
and
only gain in already high volumen amps or dirty amp?

Having built this last week, I didn't think the lack of gain was too noticeable through a 5F1. I thought it had less gain than anticipated. I ended up getting the listed ICs from Futurewares rather than using TL072s.

For whatever reason I assumed it would be like the Sabbra Caddabra or even the Naga Viper but it seems different. I'll have to try it out at band practice this coming week through my 18 watt, which really does well with these kinds of pedals.

Having built this last week, I didn't think the lack of gain was too noticeable through a 5F1. I thought it had less gain than anticipated. I ended up getting the listed ICs from Futurewares rather than using TL072s.

For whatever reason I assumed it would be like the Sabbra Caddabra or even the Naga Viper but it seems different. I'll have to try it out at band practice this coming week through my 18 watt, which really does well with these kinds of pedals.
Is R11 22K?
This has a lot of clipping diodes which cuts down the Gain also.
There are some resistors you can change to increase it!

I'm fine with it as is tbh. I have to try it at full volume.

I have a feeling once I finish the germanium treble boosters I have queued up this pedal will get lost.

Weirdly enough I didn't care for the Naga Viper through my 1987, which has a lot less gain overall than my 18 watt. The use of these types of pedals are so dependent on what amp you play. The Sabbra Caddabra was the biggest disappointment to me.

I'm fine with it as is tbh. I have to try it at full volume.

I have a feeling once I finish the germanium treble boosters I have queued up this pedal will get lost.

Weirdly enough I didn't care for the Naga Viper through my 1987, which has a lot less gain overall than my 18 watt. The use of these types of pedals are so dependent on what amp you play. The Sabbra Caddabra was the biggest disappointment to me.
Sabbra Caddabra sounds good to me, in a Laney lc15r and a epi sg modified ( I assumed it would be like the Sabbra Caddabra but need to try with dirty amp to see the booster in action )

Back