Dark Rift Delay Capacitor Voltage

caleriggs

I'm putting the remaining parts together that I need to build the Dark Rift delay, and looking through the build instructions the capacitors don't have voltage values associated with them. I've mostly been able to find 100v capacitors because my understanding is that they can't be too high, but they can be too low. However, I'm having trouble finding 100v caps for some of the values, but <=50v are available So here are my questions:
  1. Is that an accurate statement? (Capacitors can't be too high but they can be too low)
  2. Is there any way to know what a safe capacitor voltage would be by looking at the schematic?
Thank you!

For the Dark rift there is no reason to power that circuit over 9v so as long as the rating is over 9v it’s technically fine but double the circuit voltage is my personal minimum, unless there is a size constraint which happens from time to time but not a lot, dimensions are usually in the description of the components or on the data sheet that is something that has bitten everyone in the butt at some point so it’s definitely something to look out for.

For the Dark rift there is no reason to power that circuit over 9v so as long as the rating is over 9v it’s technically fine but double the circuit voltage is my personal minimum, unless there is a size constraint which happens from time to time but not a lot, dimensions are usually in the description of the components or on the data sheet that is something that has bitten everyone in the butt at some point so it’s definitely something to look out for.
This is super helpful, thank you! Do the ICs change the voltage at all?

This is super helpful, thank you! Do the ICs change the voltage at all?
That’s a little more complicated of a question, but short answer, yes they can, but for this circuit 9v is your supply voltage and there is nothing like a charge pump in there so 9v should be the highest voltage this circuit should see… should meaning there is no reason to power it with 12v or 18v. Ect

That’s a little more complicated of a question, but short answer, yes they can, but for this circuit 9v is your supply voltage and there is nothing like a charge pump in there so 9v should be the highest voltage this circuit should see… should meaning there is no reason to power it with 12v or 18v. Ect
Again, so helpful, thank you! I look forward to finally placing this Tayda order.

Back