Dark Rift Delay modulation switch

Haggtronix

I’m building a Dark Rift Delay and was curious if I could use a toggle switch so the modulation section is switchable. If so what would be the parts and steps required to do so? Cheers.

What are you trying to achieve? Just delay with no modulation? You can turn the modulation all the way off with the "Depth" knob without needing to install an additional switch. I generally run mine with the modulation barely cracked.

Yes, delay with no modulation. I’m building for someone that wants it to be able to deactivate modulation without touching the knobs. I suggested he use the knobs to deactivate the modulation but he would like to try if possible to make switchable on/off. Thanks for your time.

Hook up a bypass switch (foot or toggle) to the depth control.

You can also achieve the opposite, and have full depth with a momentary switch, if you want craziness with full depth.

Clip some leads to the existing knob and test away!

Hook up a bypass switch (foot or toggle) to the depth control.

You can also achieve the opposite, and have full depth with a momentary switch, if you want craziness with full depth.

Clip some leads to the existing knob and test away!
I’m familiar with the momentary switch for repeats on delays. So I would attach a Dpdt switch to lug 2 and 3 of the depth pot? Then what after that, are there other connections that need to be made or will that simply bypass the modulation as is? Could you possibly draw a diagram I’m quite a simp. Thanks for the help.

I’m familiar with the momentary switch for repeats on delays. So I would attach a Dpdt switch to lug 2 and 3 of the depth pot? Then what after that, are there other connections that need to be made or will that simply bypass the modulation as is? Could you possibly draw a diagram I’m quite a simp. Thanks for the help.
Yup, you could use some alligator or micro hook leads and just temporarily connect them to the lugs of the depth pot. Hook the other side to toggle. You could just use an SPDT if all you want to do is defeat the depth knob. Does your client want the ability to dynamically switch off and on the modulation on the fly while playing? Or just use the pedal in 2 different modes? If the former then I like @szukalski's idea of a reverse momentary to bring in the modulation. Or even better yet, be able to control with an expression pedal:)

These are some fun mods to try, not some dastardly troubleshooting.

Maybe a forum-mod can move this to "Modifications" forum so it's easier to find for others who also want to try these mods.

I like the momentarylous maximillioned idear. "Vee vant MAYHEM!"

Yup, you could use some alligator or micro hook leads and just temporarily connect them to the lugs of the depth pot. Hook the other side to toggle. You could just use an SPDT if all you want to do is defeat the depth knob. Does your client want the ability to dynamically switch off and on the modulation on the fly while playing? Or just use the pedal in 2 different modes? If the former then I like @szukalski's idea of a reverse momentary to bring in the modulation. Or even better yet, be able to control with an expression pedal:)
Excellent! Yes my client would like to be able to defeat modulation and use as two different modes although the reverse of that may be something they would like. Expression pedal sounds great as well. Thank you all for your replies and input I will get right on testing. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom