DC Echo Mod questions

pingpongcomputer

Here is the schematic:
V1Rj4jk.png

I'm going to add an effects loop based on @DGWVI 's post so I don't really plan to use the onboard modulation, could I use one of those pots as a simple low pass tone control for the feedback, or leave them in and just add the tone control coming off the lifted leg of R44 before the send jack? Second question, there's an SPDT(SW1 in quadrant B4) toggle for the two delay paths, would it be possible to add an On-On-On toggle there instead, where in one of the positions both the short and long delay paths were on simultaneously, or is that already happening for the long delay path? Apologies if these are dumb questions, I'm trying to learn how to read schematics properly but progress is slow.

Last edited:
I'd recommend leaving the LFO in just to make things easier. With the depth at zero, it has no audible effect on the signal. The way it interacts with whatever's in the FX loop is worth it, in my opinion.

To add a variable low pass, I'd increase C33 maybe 220n, and insert a pot wired as variable resistor between it and ground. I'd suggest 10 or 25k, in either linear or reverse log taper. You can try higher values for the cap, but it will also effect the circuit's ability to oscillate properly

For the on-on-on, there's no need- in short mode only one 3005 is in use, in long, all three are in the circuit. That said, using an on-on-on will allow both the short and long times to come through simultaneously, potentially offering up some nifty patterns in the repeats

I'd recommend leaving the LFO in just to make things easier. With the depth at zero, it has no audible effect on the signal. The way it interacts with whatever's in the FX loop is worth it, in my opinion.

To add a variable low pass, I'd increase C33 maybe 220n, and insert a pot wired as variable resistor between it and ground. I'd suggest 10 or 25k, in either linear or reverse log taper. You can try higher values for the cap, but it will also effect the circuit's ability to oscillate properly

For the on-on-on, there's no need- in short mode only one 3005 is in use, in long, all three are in the circuit. That said, using an on-on-on will allow both the short and long times to come through simultaneously, potentially offering up some nifty patterns in the repeats
Awesome, thanks for your help again. I have the board ordered, it'll probably take me a while to get this one done, but I'll make sure to post a demo with the mods.

Wasn’t there just a build report from yesterday with this exact mod?
There was an older build report where he added the effects loop and I asked how it was done yesterday, but I also wanted to add a tone pot and multiple delay taps. I didn't think I should keep asking about different mods in a build report which didn't have them, so I started a new mod thread, apologies if that's not appropriate.

That
There was an older build report where he added the effects loop and I asked how it was done yesterday, but I also wanted to add a tone pot and multiple delay taps. I didn't think I should keep asking about different mods in a build report which didn't have them, so I started a new mod thread, apologies if that's not appropriate.
Nope, you’re good. That sounds very cool.

SPDT on-on-on mini toggles don't seem to exist. All I can find is huge switches for trucks. Unless someone has a secret source I think I'm going to wire two separate SPST on-off toggles for each delay path to the side of the enclosure. That way I can do short on/long off and vice versa, or both on.

SPDT on-on-on mini toggles don't seem to exist. All I can find is huge switches for trucks. Unless someone has a secret source I think I'm going to wire two separate SPST on-off toggles for each delay path to the side of the enclosure. That way I can do short on/long off and vice versa, or both on.
I'd use a DPDT on-on-on. Should have enough room to position it according to the drill template. Just mind the pinout

Or, if you do go with two SPSTs, there's still plenty of room on the face of the enclosure for both

I'd use a DPDT on-on-on. Should have enough room to position it according to the drill template. Just mind the pinout

Or, if you do go with two SPSTs, there's still plenty of room on the face of the enclosure for both
That's a much smarter way to do it.

Back