DeadendFX Hooke (Analog Spring Reverb)

Been thinking of doing a stereo one for quite a while now. Anyone know a decent source of the TDA7053 or if anyone has discovered a non EOL component that that sub for the 7052/7053?

On second thought, why even bother with the 7052 for anything other than the existing PCB? I get there would be pinout inconsistencies, but I don’t see any reason why pretty much any other readily available ~1W BTL power amp chip. Can’t think of one off the top of my head, but surely there are a handful of SMD options from TI and the likes, no?

Bit of a necro, but thought I'd chime in on this as I've just built one of these as well.

First, killer build and execution!
So I made some changes to the resistors around the Dwell control to push the tank a bit harder, which awakened the drip beast.
Can you elaborate on what changes you made? I also find the max reverb a bit lower than I'd like.

Has anyone found a current source for authentic tda7052b’s or taken a gamble on the eBay ones? I’d love to build this.
I bought some off ebay from this seller, and they worked. One did at least, as I only needed one. No guarantee all of them are good, and shipping took quite a while, but worth it in the end.

Back