Deflector Reverb

Funnel

This is my first Fv-1 to hand solder. like many have said, I thought it was going to be more challenging to solder than it was. I took my time, and the advice of many on this forum and was able to solder it without an issue. however, my 1uf caps were far too large so I had to lay several caps on their side, but it worked out in the end. Otherwise, this build was fairly straight forward. I'm surprised at how many sounds are in this pedal. I get that their are six knobs which makes for lots of tweaking, but all the demos I heard were pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone will use it as an always on pedal, but it goes from a big hall-ish sound to a lush dreamy reverb with crazy reflections.

This is the second graphic design (non-faceplate) that I've done. Once again this is from amplify fun. apparently I like to make overly busy designs... oh well. I like it. I was considering between embracing the wizard theme of the original pedal or doing something space related, but then I realized my limited capabilities using a design program. and thought that tracing outlines with the pen tool was about as good as I could do this time. and tracing a wizard and a balrog was easier, than the space scene I had envisioned. I learned from my previous graphic that some ships look like blobs when they're just a silhouette. anywho, maybe next time I'll try to add more detail than a silhouette figure.

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Deflector.jpg
    Deflector.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Looks great with silhouettes!

Animators use silhouettes to test for character recognition...

03_staging-disney-WardKimball.png

Looks great with silhouettes!

Animators use silhouettes to test for character recognition...
Thanks! Also, I never knew animators used silhouettes for character recognition. Though it makes sense. the wizard was a copied silhouette that had all the right Gandalf bits. you know a hat, sword, and staff. The balrog was a picture, actually the only picture I could find that was from the appropriate point of view. I took the elements I thought were going to be effective and left most of the fire behind. Though I probably should have filled in the wings, but after staring at the design for too many hours I didn't notice things. I actually thought I should have snuck a tiny gollum into the background somewhere.

Thanks! When I decided on a wizard theme I knew the only thing that would do was a LOTR pedal. Specifically, Gandalf and the balrog.

Back