Deflector Reverb

Cybercow

Usually I fully build out a pedal before reporting on it, but when I rocked it before boxing it, my socks were knocked off by Robert's FV-1 based 'Deflector Reverb' PCB project. One of the most unique applications of the FV-1 for reverb I’ve encountered. This thing approaches shimmer very well, but without the modulation. The length and amount control of the reverb on this project is simply amazing, approaching insanity. While not actually “reverse reverb” the settings can be found for some very fascinating delayed refractions/defletions that can sound reversed. I'm even considering adding an expression pedal input for the "Density" control. Tweaking the "Density" control while signal is passing has some very intriguing effects - almost like a pitch control. But the "Density" control actually changes the FV-1 'clock' speed. I get the impression that the settings on this pedal are worth exploring and making notes of the various settings for huge range of reverb effects this thing produces. Definitely a 5-star build. Bravo Robert!

Now I'm wondering how I might somehow add a "shimmer" effect to the algorithm in the EEPROM.

I'm off to explore further. Happy building!

Deflector_Reverb_Tested.jpg

Usually I fully build out a pedal before reporting on it, but when I rocked it before boxing it, my socks were knocked off by Robert's FV-1 based 'Deflector Reverb' PCB project. One of the most unique applications of the FV-1 for reverb I’ve encountered. This thing approaches shimmer very well, but without the modulation. The length and amount control of the reverb on this project is simply amazing, approaching insanity. While not actually “reverse reverb” the settings can be found for some very fascinating delayed refractions/defletions that can sound reversed. I'm even considering adding an expression pedal input for the "Density" control. Tweaking the "Density" control while signal is passing has some very intriguing effects - almost like a pitch control. But the "Density" control actually changes the FV-1 'clock' speed. I get the impression that the settings on this pedal are worth exploring and making notes of the various settings for huge range of reverb effects this thing produces. Definitely a 5-star build. Bravo Robert!

Now I'm wondering how I might somehow add a "shimmer" effect to the algorithm in the EEPROM.

I'm off to explore further. Happy building!

View attachment 32449
Thanks for the report, CC. Awaiting the PCB and Spin chips I ordered with great anticip, anticip, ation …

I"d love to hear how it sounds! I'm itching to do another FV-1 build but trying to decide...
As far as reverbs go, the "Deflector Reverb" approaches the kinda stuff one expects from Eventide and Lexicon rack-mount units. The verb can get fairly tight or extremely "endless". Definitely an effect to build for an ambience arsenal. Even tho it's a 'mono' effect, the right output of the FV-1 is fed back into the left input of the FV-1 thru the "Deflect" pot. That's when things get really massive. There are enough controls to warrant admitting that even just using this thing has a 'learning curve'.

Unfortunately, I've not assembled a demo yet. That will likely be weeks out.

As far as reverbs go, the "Deflector Reverb" approaches the kinda stuff one expects from Eventide and Lexicon rack-mount units. The verb can get fairly tight or extremely "endless". Definitely an effect to build for an ambience arsenal. Even tho it's a 'mono' effect, the right output of the FV-1 is fed back into the left input of the FV-1 thru the "Deflect" pot. That's when things get really massive. There are enough controls to warrant admitting that even just using this thing has a 'learning curve'.

Unfortunately, I've not assembled a demo yet. That will likely be weeks out.
Arrrghhh I wasn't going to build any more reverbs..........

Back