Delay with reverse function

Jaga

Hello,

I would like to suggest a delay with "reverse" function which could play delay repeats backwards.

As example can be Digitech Obscura:

Another example can be Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run which also has very interesting dynamic swelling feature:

Adding effect loop to the delay would be very interesting feature as well.

Thanks.

Would love to see an Avalanche Run, but from all of the “guts” pictures I’ve seen online, it looks to be chock full of surface mounted parts and micro ICs...

There's a simple reverse delay patch available from one of the forums dedicated to programming the FV-1 (either Holy City or SpinSemi). You could load that up into an EEPROM and use it with one of the PedalPCB boards (I've got it in one of mine). Not as full featured as the ones mentioned above though.

The Old Blood Noise/Data Choir Rever uses two FV-1's to make a really good reverse delay and reverb sound.
That's pretty interesting pedal. If there were something like it available, that would be awesome.

There's a simple reverse delay patch available from one of the forums dedicated to programming the FV-1 (either Holy City or SpinSemi). You could load that up into an EEPROM and use it with one of the PedalPCB boards (I've got it in one of mine). Not as full featured as the ones mentioned above though.
Do you have some sound samples of this?

Do you have some sound samples of this?

No sound samples at the moment. I tested it out, but haven't finalized the patches I want on my EEPROM or finished the pedal.
It sounds like a decent approximation of a reverse delay though. There are some other decent weird patches you can find on those forums (like a weird, glitchy random delay).

There's a simple reverse delay patch available from one of the forums dedicated to programming the FV-1 (either Holy City or SpinSemi).
Would you please share the link to these? Was not able to find in the forum.

BTW, I can notice that EQD stuff is pretty welcomed here, any chance to see PCB for Avalanche Run some day?

Looks like Greek to me :) Need to learn how to deal with this stuff
Don't worry, I don't know anything about the actual code on those pages, just how to put it on my EEPROM (which requires saving the code, compiling it using SpinASM and then using something like the CH341 programmer to program the EEPROM).

Which programmer do you use? I've been looking that them on Amazon. Hard to figure out from the reviews which are the good ones.

TL866CS will flash EEPROMs and AVR microcontrollers, and the software is fairly easy to use.

Which programmer do you use? I've been looking that them on Amazon. Hard to figure out from the reviews which are the good ones.
I Just use a cheap CH341a programmer. Works fine, but takes some finagling to get set up (language settings, etc.).

I have a CH341A as well, and for EEPROMs It's just as good as anything else (once you get it going) and can be found for $5 or less.

Back