Delegate Boneyard Strange LED Behaviour

Happy Mattress

Hi all,

Recently put together the Boneyard version of the Delegate Compressor.
Sound passes through both engaged and disengaged and the controls appear to be doing their thing.
Only problem is the internal LED (D5) Doesn't react to any guitar signal.
It does however light up when my board is powered on, only to fade out over two seconds.
Turning the pedal on and off doesn't replicate this behaviour.

I'm relatively new to building pedals so this has stumped me a bit.
Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Delegate.jpg

Quick update:
Turns out everything is in fact working as it should, I just needed more input volume from my guitar with the sustain control maxed out before the LED started reacting. In its current state it looks like the LED isn't responsive / sensetive enough to be usable with my normal guitar volume level. I imagine it's because I went for a lower voltage green diffused LED unlike the clear super-bright one in the schematic. @Chuck D. Bones , I don't suppose I could ask for some advice; would swapping out R17 for something like a 2k2 resistor do the trick or would it be best to replace the LED instead for something closer to the original? (On that note, is there an ideal LED voltage or max luminance I should be using?)

Hello,
i use this thread, too shy to open a new one ;)

I have the same problem, the led flashes when putting the 9V socket, and after just no or crappy sound, the led does not bright.
I have 16 V on pin 8 of the IC. I put a bright white led....

A question though... Would it be possible to put a optocoupler like vactrol instead of the led/LDR bundle?

Thanks

I swapped out R17 yesterday for a 2k2 resistor and I now have a more usable range with the sustain control.
I still find the LED to come into effect only in the last 1/3rd of the control's range so I imagine an LED with a slightly higher voltage will finally get it to where I want it.

I swapped out R17 yesterday for a 2k2 resistor and I now have a more usable range with the sustain control.
I still find the LED to come into effect only in the last 1/3rd of the control's range so I imagine an LED with a slightly higher voltage will finally get it to where I want it.
Did you use the KE-10720 LDR, it's what the Members are using for the Boneyard Compressor to get the most out of it.
A Clear Led is going to produce more Light than a Diffused so that would be advisable first up!
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/photo-conductive-cell-resistor-ldr-650nm-radial-ke-10720.html

Did you use the KE-10720 LDR, it's what the Members are using for the Boneyard Compressor to get the most out of it.
A Clear Led is going to produce more Light than a Diffused so that would be advisable first up!
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/photo-conductive-cell-resistor-ldr-650nm-radial-ke-10720.html
I am using a GL5516. I went for a green diffused LED as it was suggested by Chuck in this thread:

I am using a GL5516. I went for a green diffused LED as it was suggested by Chuck in this thread:
Chuck designed it so go with what info you have received from his response to the best possible outcome.

Back