Derailer build "Kyberdrive"

Andrew01

Here's my build of the Derailer PCB which i renamed Kyberdrive.
As a somewhat beginner builder i could have chosen something easier to build so i did ran into some problems here and there ;)
However i am happy with the way it turned out.
It's a bit too much for me soundwise as an overdrive pedal but that's just the way it is designed.

Attachments

• 20190415_230809.jpg
    20190415_230809.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20190415_230957.jpg
    20190415_230957.jpg
    659.2 KB · Views: 117
Here's my build of the Derailer PCB which i renamed Kyberdrive.
As a somewhat beginner builder i could have chosen something easier to build so i did ran into some problems here and there ;)
However i am happy with the way it turned out.
It's a bit too much for me soundwise as an overdrive pedal but that's just the way it is designed.

Yeah it has an absolutely bonkers amount of gain. I don't think of it as an overdrive, more of a face melting saturation generator

[QUOTE = "Andrew01, postagem: 2500, membro: 80"]
Aqui está a minha compilação do PCB Derailer que eu renomei Kyberdrive.
Como um construtor iniciante eu poderia ter escolhido algo mais fácil de construir, então eu tive alguns problemas aqui e ali ;)
No entanto, estou feliz com a maneira como aconteceu.
É um pouco demais para mim, como um pedal de overdrive, mas é assim que é projetado.
[/CITAR]
Muito bom! O que você usa para os decalques?

Can you share the template just only with each name for knobs and toggle switches ? I'm a beginner and I still do not know how to build the decal models. Thanks

[QUOTE = "Andrew01, postagem: 2500, membro: 80"]
Aqui está a minha compilação do PCB Derailer que eu renomei Kyberdrive.
Como um construtor iniciante eu poderia ter escolhido algo mais fácil de construir, então eu tive alguns problemas aqui e ali ;)
No entanto, estou feliz com a maneira como aconteceu.
É um pouco demais para mim, como um pedal de overdrive, mas é assim que é projetado.
[/CITAR]
Muito bom! O que você usa para os decalques?

The top is actualy a polyester overlay sheet printed on a laserprinter and is realy sturdy.
The difficulty is attaching it at the exact place in one shot. ;-)
The holes i've cut out with an exacto knife.

Can you share the template just only with each name for knobs and toggle switches ? I'm a beginner and I still do not know how to build the decal models. Thanks

I did it in a somewhat trail and error approach because i found the 4 switches were not equaly devided on the PCB itself.
This actualy surprised me realy but i already was at the point of no return :)
So sorry, no template.

I did it in a somewhat trail and error approach because i found the 4 switches were not equaly devided on the PCB itself.
This actualy surprised me realy but i already was at the point of no return :)

The switches should all be evenly spaced 0.55" on center. The DPDT makes it appear like they aren't spaced evenly because it's twice as wide.

Back