Derailer

Blooze

Finally got a chance to start working on all the PCBs I’ve bought. I’ve built a handful of other pedals, but this is my first PedalPCB build. Figured I’d go with something plain as I get a feel for these. Works a treat and really sounds good when you open up the amp a bit.

The only issues I had was I center-punched and drilled off the template in the build docs and the footswitch hole ended up too high. I had to file out some of the hole to lower it so it’d clear the main board. That and I goobered up the Ground lead connection on the board. I hate the insulation And thin wire on those connectors, but they sure are handy.

370A03F8-3C43-4CD0-8089-1D743190F734.jpeg

8BDBAFF1-E644-401D-94B2-CE90071B41EE.jpeg

Very nice build! The switch hole fix is invisible, I've done worse. I would recommend scraping the paint off of the interior around the pot, switch & Jack holes so they all make good electrical contact with the chassis.
Love the color-coordinated jimmy-hats.

Very nice build! The switch hole fix is invisible, I've done worse. I would recommend scraping the paint off of the interior around the pot, switch & Jack holes so they all make good electrical contact with the chassis.

You said jimmy hats! I havent heard that since my dad had “the talk” with me. Lol

nice work on the derailer, some real nice jimmy hats.

There was very little overspray into the enclosure. I did leave the tooth washers on the inside to get a good bite. Continuity checked out good everywhere. I’ve had to “fix” a couple holes like that before. I did use the template in the build file and double checked everything. Maybe the body on the switches I have is just a hair bigger? I’ll be sure and double check that before the next build.

Back