Digital microscope recommendations

Robert

Reverse Engineer
Anyone have a digital microscope with light and USB connectivity that they can recommend? (HDMI would be an added bonus)

I'm in the process of upgrading my desktop monitor situation to make working on build docs and traces easier, but unfortunately that means I can no longer use my clamp on desk magnifier.... one wrong move and the boom stand plummets straight into the monitor.

I'm thinking something like this:
1701096498575.png

I think I recall @bean got something similar a few years ago?

Yes, I have the Tomlov. It's come in really handy with doing trace inspections and most especially when reviewing SMD soldering. Only problem with mine is I thought it had a rechargeable battery in it but it does required to be plugged in to work. Well worth the $50 or so I paid for it.

Only problem with mine is I thought it had a rechargeable battery in it but it does required to be plugged in to work.
That's not a problem, I'd actually rather plug it in.

I've never been comfortable with monitors, I prefer sticking my eyeballs in things, it's always felt more natural. Am I weird? I've been using this guy for 5 years or so.
Oh yeah, I agree when it comes to really small stuff. I have a couple smaller Amscopes that I use for my "heavy lifting", I just need something on my desk so I can see a little better while tracing and reading values. It's more about the light than anything I think.

If you have a spare $17K lying around, a used Leica would last the rest of your life and be incredible. The lab I work at has a few, and they are SO NICE.

Back