Distortion 250 [Eurorack]

Pots are mounted on the reverse side of the PCB. Straight mounting pots keep the sense of the resistance the same.
Behind the 12V->9V converter chip, there's a 3-position switch to replace the stomp switch.
It provides ON, BYPASS and BLOCK. BLOCK ends up being useful.
Jacks are 3.5mm to save space and be consistent with Eurorack modules.

PXL_20210327_184411772.jpg

The Distortion 250 seems to output less than the Distortion+ I used to have, and the gain has less fuzz until the very top of the pot where it gets very strong. Could be an incorrect component was installed.

Last edited:
Pots are mounted on the reverse side of the PCB. Straight mounting pots keep the sense of the varistor the same.
Behind the 12V->9V converter chip, there's a 3-position switch to replace the stomp switch.
It provides ON, BYPASS and BLOCK. BLOCK ends up being useful.
Jacks are 3.5mm to save space and be consistent with Eurorack modules.

View attachment 10656

The Distortion 250 seems to output less than the Distortion+ I used to have, and the gain has less fuzz until the very top of the pot where it gets very strong. Could be an incorrect component was installed.
Try swapping the gain pot for a C tapered one.

Very cool! Are you doing anything to deal with the difference in signal level between eurorack and guitar pedals?

There are a few modules available from vendors to go to and from effect pedal levels. Some synth geeks patch effects pedals into their signal chain. I'm using a solution from AI Synthesis:

They discuss various approaches here:

I've also used a Boss FA-1 clone to get the boost to go in, then used a Eurorack attenuator (actually a mixer module) to come back.

Back