Don't be surprised if the price of Germanium transistors and diodes goes up

I just tell myself I neeeed to buy lots of GE parts since they vary so much. 100 more diodes a couple of weeks ago ā€¦ and 50 mid-gain, somewhat leaky PNPs ā€¦ and 50 higher gain, low leakage NPNs ā€¦ and oh yeah 12 leaky PNP bastards for ā€œsecret projectsā€ that never actually happen.

And the lots of new old soviet stuff that is freakishly consistent.

@Harry Klippton hit me up anytime. Happy to share.

This is shitty news for sure.
The price is always going up as demand is always diminishing, which sucks, but I currently have 4 PNP Ge cans, and 0 diodes, but itā€™ll be at least a month before I can order any. Fingers crossed they donā€™t spike too much in that time. Iā€™ve had a few lots Iā€™ve been eyeing on eBay but havenā€™t jumped on- just hoping theyā€™ll still be there in the end of august šŸ¤ž

This is shitty news for sure.
The price is always going up as demand is always diminishing, which sucks, but I currently have 4 PNP Ge cans, and 0 diodes, but itā€™ll be at least a month before I can order any. Fingers crossed they donā€™t spike too much in that time. Iā€™ve had a few lots Iā€™ve been eyeing on eBay but havenā€™t jumped on- just hoping theyā€™ll still be there in the end of august šŸ¤ž
If you need something, feel free to check with me.

I'll buy more Ge lots as soon as I make a dent in my giant stash of <50hfe transistors that have been like 85% of what I've gotten on Ebay. I wouldn't change a thing, but by my math it's cheaper to buy tested parts that are specced for gain & leakage. Like this deal (which somebody posted here before):

I also have about 60 NOS Mullard black-glass OC44s that I need to finish going thru them to clean up the legs, they have a bit of crusty crud on them. But they clean up well with some Scotch-Brite and so far, they all test test & measure perfect.

I haven't eaten alligator but have eaten crocodile. It was quite chewy but tasted alright. Emu is a bit fatty for my taste. Kangaroo is very good, and very lean. It foams in a disconcerting way when cooking but tastes excellent. Makes great burgers too.

Why do you guys call people from Germany Germaniums? I can't comment on how Germans taste. But i once bought some geranium diodes from a guy who didn't know better. Or maybe he did know better and I don't?

I haven't eaten alligator but have eaten crocodile. It was quite chewy but tasted alright. Emu is a bit fatty for my taste. Kangaroo is very good, and very lean. It foams in a disconcerting way when cooking but tastes excellent. Makes great burgers too.

Why do you guys call people from Germany Germaniums? I can't comment on how Germans taste. But i once bought some geranium diodes from a guy who didn't know better. Or maybe he did know better and I don't?
Geranium diodes are the best. Notes just bloom so naturally with ā€˜em.

Back