Don't be surprised if the price of Germanium transistors and diodes goes up

China has just announced export restrictions on Germanium and Germanium products. I expect sellers in Asia & eastern Europe to capitalize on this and raise their prices. I'm not advocating panic buying. However, if you have Ge diodes or transistors in your basket, it might be a good time hit the buy button.
China's response to the EU saying they were going to curtail as much spending with China as possible, not realizing they NEEDED China's rare earth minerals for their green transition agenda. China scratched it's head and said "Ok, we'll start curtailing with the stuff you need the most"

I hear there's plenty of rare earth minerals in Greenland. But the Queen of Denmark isn't interested in MINING them.

Oh, and on the moon too. We were supposed to have a space station in a double helix orbit around the moon and earth soon, but it's been modified.

The idea was that Gateway would carry miners from earth to the moon, and drop off and pickup at the same time before orbiting back to earth. This would make it fuel free except for the trip up, and down from orbit. But in 2020 that changed to a space station that just orbited the moon and all mention of the double helix orbit disappeared.....

I'm going to go make another cup of coffee now. lol.....

Anybody got any ebay sellers they like for germanium parts they'd like to share?

I can't find the Ukrainian seller I've bought from before.
I've got several pre-measured/tested, lo-leakage, NOS Russian, MP20B germanium PNP trannies available on eBay. Just search for "MP20B Transistor"
I combine shipping when more than one gain range is selected. You have pay the whole shipping fees right up front, but I refund the difference before shipping.
I'm state-side and my prices won't go up.

China's response to the EU saying they were going to curtail as much spending with China as possible, not realizing they NEEDED China's rare earth minerals for their green transition agenda. China scratched it's head and said "Ok, we'll start curtailing with the stuff you need the most"

I hear there's plenty of rare earth minerals in Greenland. But the Queen of Denmark isn't interested in MINING them.

Oh, and on the moon too. We were supposed to have a space station in a double helix orbit around the moon and earth soon, but it's been modified.

The idea was that Gateway would carry miners from earth to the moon, and drop off and pickup at the same time before orbiting back to earth. This would make it fuel free except for the trip up, and down from orbit. But in 2020 that changed to a space station that just orbited the moon and all mention of the double helix orbit disappeared.....

I'm going to go make another cup of coffee now. lol.....
The magic diodes made of moon rocks are going to be a little more expensive, but think of the marketing opportunities!

I've got several pre-measured/tested, lo-leakage, NOS Russian, MP20B germanium PNP trannies available on eBay. Just search for "MP20B Transistor"
I combine shipping when more than one gain range is selected. You have pay the whole shipping fees right up front, but I refund the difference before shipping.

What about ones WITH leakage?…

Thanks. I'm set for germanium transistors for now, it's diodes I want to stock up on.

EBAY STORE

Ive bought GE trannies form this guy here. Ive always gotten exactly what i wanted but the quantities are low.

EBAY STORE 2

This guy is in the Bulgaria or something like that.....But he has quantities. I believe the last purchase i made was for 50 GE trannies for 100 bucks. Thats 2 bucks a piece but theyre all new. The only thing is the shipping takes awhile being thats its coming from Bulgaria.

EBAY STORE 3

This guy is worth checking out. He has alot of different hard to find parts, you just have to look.

Back