Doomstronaut V1 (PedalPCB 2 Sticks of Derm + Rullywow Serpent Boost)

cgreg714

Finally had not one, but two successful builds, and couldn't be happier. I was ready to pack it all in and sell my gear, but I'm reinvigorated. I learned a lot by screwing up both PCBs on my first attempts, but got help from builders on here and the r/diypedals subreddit. I'm still guilty of several counts of dogshit soldering and flagrant shrink tubing abuse, but the thing works, dammit! Thanks again to anyone who replied to my bitching and moaning.

Gut shot #1:
URWGVCw.jpg

Gut shot close-up:
LFOECMN.jpg

Exterior shot:
lYkm68G.jpg

Awesome! Two Sticks is a great pedal. Really responsive to guitar volume too. Great job on the enclosure. Dig the vibe.
Thanks for the comment and the responses to my requests for help. I haven't had a chance to really let it rip, but I'm looking forward to it. I wrapped up everything about twenty minutes before I had to leave for work. Working down to the wire!

Looks great far superior to my first effort
Oh, this is a goddamned masterpiece compared to the previous two attempts at building each of these circuits. They are basically rosin-caked messes of melted plastic, solder, and unsalvageable components. I'm keeping them forever as reminders of how terrible I was at first.

None of us were born building pedals although you'd think so on some other forums!

In this hobby there's no failure, it's an adventure in learning, plenty of eureka moments await
I 100% agree. Awesome avatar photo, by the way. Dali was a bad motherfucker.

Back
Top Bottom