Drive 55 Mock Up Pedal

If you don’t mind I’m totally going to do this same decal that is very nice! Might put one of those fender amp jewels on there though with a white led under it

Go for it, I have used fender amp jewels a few times.
Be careful how you mount it as it can stick too far out internally & foul on the PCB!

Looks good. Love the original amp aesthetics.

If you're a 5E3 guy you're going to enjoy this pedal. It's a little flubby and you have to micromanage the 'Master' level, but playing it just feels right.

I need to find out what Electrical thread pitch it is and you can just buy the Jewel & nut.
I've looked at Fibre washers & rubber O rings but they didn't meet my standards!

You could also use kneaded epoxy, I found this stuff is really good for plugging up holes & chip outs!
You just slice a piece off & squeeze it between your fingers to mix the 2 different colours together.
The downside is you can't remove the Jewel as it sets like concrete!!!

1600905718240.png

I need to find out what Electrical thread pitch it is and you can just buy the Jewel & nut.
I've looked at Fibre washers & rubber O rings but they didn't meet my standards!

You could also use kneaded epoxy, I found this stuff is really good for plugging up holes & chip outs!
You just slice a piece off & squeeze it between your fingers to mix the 2 different colours together.
The downside is you can't remove the Jewel as it sets like concrete!!!

View attachment 6489
It is 9/16-24TPI, Look for 9/16-24 Jam Nut in description!

Love those jewel lamp styles. I've always wanted to use em but couldn't justify the price. Cool hack.

I found these bezels on Mouser. They are push in like the ones sold in the store here. Similar but different. The LED on the right is floating below the bezel. The LED on the left is nested up into the bezel.
IMG_20200927_195226.jpg
And they're 5mm clear UV LED's.

Last edited:
Let me just put this here while I'm thinking of it:

The Formula 55 makes a huge volume and gain leap when going from Green to Red mode. Using On/On/On DPDT instead of the On/On would give you 3 gain levels rather than 2 -- I'm certain most people will prefer it. Which stage would get the extra gain in the center position would be dependent on how PedalPCB does the layout.

Or which type of On/On/On you used.

Didn't consider that. In my mind they were all 'Type 1' per the chart below.

s-l640.jpg

Back