DEMO Dual Channel El Sol

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Woke up with a horrendous headache, but this is my last day home for a while, so I gotta build and decided something simple was best to start the day.

Awesome low parts count distortofuzzerdrive built stock, I decided last minute to liven it up a bit and add a second "channel". This involves a DPDT stomp that's wired to remove C2 and C5 from the circuit, serving to lower gain while also allowing the high-end back in. Luckily that second 386 sorta acts as a limiter, so there isn't a huge volume difference between the two channels

Didn't have any two color LEDs on hand, so a single on/off indicator will do.

For how hamfistedly simple this circuit is, it's pretty rad- it allows the character of the guitar to come through, has a fairly flat EQ, and has some pretty decent response to picking dynamics.

Rocking some JRC386s I picked up from SBP, and 2.2us in C3 & C4

I do kinda wish I'd drilled the pot lower so I could use a larger knob, but whatevs.

Circuit rocks, I recommend it for anyone that likes a lil grit and is looking for something a lil different.

Incredibly quick and easy build, took maybe 30-40 minutes from bare board to boxed up
bfd7776f-f250-47da-948f-94e95016e6c9photo.jpeg received_583162133794158.jpeg

Back