Dude, you could have just built a crystal lettuce.

Pauleo1214

20231204_234254.jpg

20231204_234308.jpg

The intention of this build was to pair a tube screamer (Frost drive) with a Fender Preamp (Tweed Man) to see if it sounds like Dumble or Dumble style pedal.

Disappointingly, it does. I almost want to do a blind A/B test to see if people can tell the difference between this and a Mahayana when they are dialed in to similar sounds.

It can do more than a Zen Drive though. There is a much wider range of gain and sounds available, but it does the Dumble thing.

That's a great build! I'll have to keep these boards on my watch/wait list.

Is that etch or no-film? Looks nice. Also that name! :ROFLMAO: maybe I'm missing a reference to something, but I love it anyway.

That's a great build! I'll have to keep these boards on my watch/wait list.

Is that etch or no-film? Looks nice. Also that name! :ROFLMAO: maybe I'm missing a reference to something, but I love it anyway.
It's waterslide decal with a clear coat on top.

The name comes from a thread somewhere on this forum. The discussion was about Dumble pedals and amps. I posted an atrocious video of Henry Kaiser Jr. playing guitar with Dumble himself. Dumble goes on to claim that solid state will never sound as good as vacuum tubes because electrons get crushed in a "crystal lattice". @Robert then came out with his new pedal announcement naming a series of dumble inspired pedals "Crystal Lettuce".

Back