Dung Beetle

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Been a little while since I've done a build report, so here goes...

This is the PPCB Dung Beetle (Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe). I got this board basically through word of mouth about a year ago. With such a low parts count I knew this would be a great breadboard project to start with. The stock values didn't disappoint, so I kept it as it. These are all common value parts, so nothing out of the ordinary. I had this all boxed up in an unfinished enclosure for maaaaybe 6 months or so. I finally bit the bullet last week with some acrylic paint and a relatively steady hand.

A few words about the controls. If you've got hot pickups or a boost in front, the FUZZ control won't do a whole lot. What shines on this board is the FAT control and BIAS. FAT is just a blended input cap which is really appreciated in a fuzz for me. In a mix it might be a different situation, but I'm a basement player so I want that low end in there. BIAS is where you can get a whole range of tones. Dial it in juuuust right and you've almost got distortion territory where everything just "snaps" together nicely.

I haven't touched my bass in a while, but I think this could be easily tweaked for some great low end fun. Coupling caps mostly.

Go build one. You won't regret it.

BuddytheReow

1724098923996.png 1724098940989.png

Back