Echo Foxtrot - Sushibox FX

That's good to know. I've completely avoided opening the box once it's been powered. Except the very gingerly swap tubes on the BE. hahaha.

So I know virtually nada about EF86 tubes. The one I got was a Tube Amp Doctor EF86 just based on the brand and past experience.
Are there different gain EF86's?
Not really, they should all pretty well be the same spec. A single pentode by itself will never overdrive by itself anyway, it would have to be pushed by a boost to breakup. It's actually a fairly low-gain pentode, and there are higher gain pentodes with otherwise similar specs out there, but they unfortunately have different pinouts and aren't drop-in replacements.

Not really, they should all pretty well be the same spec. A single pentode by itself will never overdrive by itself anyway, it would have to be pushed by a boost to breakup. It's actually a fairly low-gain pentode, and there are higher gain pentodes with otherwise similar specs out there, but they unfortunately have different pinouts and aren't drop-in replacements.
It's perfect the way it is as a clean boost and tone conditioner.
I can push it with a boost to get some hair.

Awesome pedal dude, I love it!

The only thing more I could want is a version of the Space Heater and Echo Foxtrot with a 2 band eq......(hint hint:)

Back