Ehx freeze/ plus pedal

I just heard about this pedal - a Freeze would be sweet! Unfortunately, poking around it looks like it uses some DSPs - according to a couple vids and guts shots I found just now. I assume this would be a no-go without using DSPs or programming a Daisy Seed, yeah?

1615396507843.png
1615397320939.png
1615397345836.png

It's a pretty neat concept - could definitely go in lots of different directions. I got some electric hurdy gurdy / bagpipe vibes, reading up on it. It's also a fave of Jeff Parker's. I'd be interested, but I'm guessing this wouldn't be a super popular design for you to drum up. Dreams are free, though, amirite?

I'd be interested, but I'm guessing this wouldn't be a super popular design for you to drum up. Dreams are free, though, amirite?

I suspect there'd be a fair amount of interest.

I built one several years ago in an expression pedal, which seemed like a good idea at the time but wasn't extremely practical.

It's funny you mention bagpipes, because with some dirt that's exactly what it reminded me of.

I just watched a demo of this on bass and it seems really interesting and usable. If it could be done with FV-1 and a pre-programmed EEPROM (or however it is you computer wizards do your magic) I'd be interested.

The ehx freeze is one of the rare commercial pedal on my board :p I got my unit the month it got out, it's pretty limited I terms of controls but it's just so awesome :p I reckon you could probably do something similar with the vf-1.

What the heck is that 2 additional jacks mod in that last pic xD?

Back