Electrovibe - Loss of low frequency content

ptone

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone here can help me troubleshoot this issue, or if it's normal:

When I engage the electrovibe circuit, it sounds great, but it's also acting as a high-pass filter, essentially. There's no low/low-mid content at all, and there's a slight drop in output volume, even with the volume knob maxed out, so I can't even set it up for unity gain.

And a side-note: Any thoughts on how to increase the maximum speed?

I built one a few months ago. Have you tried adjusting the trimmer? I do feel the pedal emphasizes the higher frequencies in general but there is definitely lower content in it. And mine is at unity at about 2 o'clock. There is the "Electrovibe Modifications Thread" that lists several mods including maximum speed.

@joelorigo Thanks! So, it turned out the gain trimpot was a touch too low, which was making a bit of a difference. But, pedal order actually turned out to make a substantial difference. I had it with my other modulation effects and delays; after the gain stages. I put it before the gain pedals, and the low mids aren't being scooped out nearly as much. And thanks for the tip on the modifications thread. There's a lot of useful info in there!

Back