Electrovibe Siren noise

ynot

Hello, just after some information if possible. I have read most of the posts in regards to the noise issues with the Electrovibe.
I currently have a siren noise in the background but quite predominant.

I have read that it is mostly caused by the charge pump chip. I have ordered a couple more but I also read somewhere to disconnect Pin 1?

I am just trying to get some clarification of what steps to take to get rid of the issue. Naturally replacing the chip is the first thing, but if the noise is still there, do I lift pin 1 or are there other things I should do/try?

Thanks.

Hello, just after some information if possible. I have read most of the posts in regards to the noise issues with the Electrovibe.
I currently have a siren noise in the background but quite predominant.

I have read that it is mostly caused by the charge pump chip. I have ordered a couple more but I also read somewhere to disconnect Pin 1?

I am just trying to get some clarification of what steps to take to get rid of the issue. Naturally replacing the chip is the first thing, but if the noise is still there, do I lift pin 1 or are there other things I should do/try?

Thanks.
Where did you get the LT1054, there are Dodgy ones out there!

As you will here, the speed varies with it as I adjust the speed. I have built two of these and both exhibit the exact same issue.

Attachments

• My recording 3.wav
    2 MB
I built an Informant that that whistled at a similar frequency. I swapped the LT1054 and it went away. Both ICs were from Tayda, just one good one bad. Lots of posts here about noisy 1054s so I assume it’s a problem with some of the genuine TI ones too, not just an issue of someone selling fakes. The next thing I built with that IC, I ordered a couple extra just in case.

Well I got 4 new TI chips from a reputable wholesaler here in Australia. I tried all 4 in both my electrovibes and although the noise isn't as bad, it is still there and noticeable enough to be annoying.

Any other ideas what I could look at that may be contributing to this noise. My builds are both standard appart from the volume Resistor, R4 I THINK? Tried different guitar leads and different power supplies.

I know you said you tried different power supplies, but are they all the same kind? A bunch of mine that I use for testing make that kind of noise on certain types of effects, but my nice one on my board doesn't. You could rule it out by running it off a 9V battery.

I know you said you tried different power supplies, but are they all the same kind? A bunch of mine that I use for testing make that kind of noise on certain types of effects, but my nice one on my board doesn't. You could rule it out by running it off a 9V battery.
Good idea. I'll try a battery today.

Back