Electrovibe very subtle effect almost not noticeable, how important are the LDR?

Abyssmal

How important are the LDR in ElectroVibe from PedalPCB? My build works but the effect is very very minimal, hard to even tell if it's doing it's thing, but it's there, just very faint effect, the volume output is ok. I don't remember which LDR i used but its a 55XX something i got from amazon. I have other 55XX to try... Soldering is fine and i'm pretty sure all resistors and caps are ok. I think got the IC and transistors from Tayda but i'll have to confirm that. I got the b…
Afficher la suite

Attachments

• PXL_20220810_235057294~2.jpg
    PXL_20220810_235057294~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20220810_235045115.jpg
    PXL_20220810_235045115.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 23
How important are the LDR in ElectroVibe from PedalPCB? My build works but the effect is very very minimal, hard to even tell if it's doing it's thing, but it's there, just very faint effect, the volume output is ok. I don't remember which LDR i used but its a 55XX something i got from amazon. I have other 55XX to try... Soldering is fine and i'm pretty sure all resistors and caps are ok. I think got the IC and transistors from Tayda but i'll have to confirm that. I got the b…
Afficher la suite

Did you adjust the trim pots?

To answer your original question, the LDRs are important. The values in the build docs are all good suggestions. Do you have a data sheet for the ones you used?

Make sure your dual potentiometers are insulated well. Electrical tape (or other tape) is usually not good enough and seems to always get punctured by leads on the PCB.

The fact that it wasn't working in the enclosure then began working after it was removed suggests that could be the case.

It's almost always the issue in troubleshooting threads involving PCBs with dual potentiometers.

Back