Enclosures - Multiple Boards

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
What would be a good size enclosure for a dual or even triple effect pedal? Not sure if there's one big enough for three but just curious. I'm considering a dual dirt pedal and seeing if I can add a boost for the third effect if size allows me.

Depends on the circuit, you can get two into a 1590BB. Three in a 1590XX if you use a small one knob boost. 1590DD for sure will fit three of most of the boards here.

Awesome. Thanks. I guess the next question is it worth it to put multiples in one enclosure? I guess there is no wrong answer

When I get to building them, I'd really like to put the Malachite, Tyrian and Sanguine all in one box. Could I wire it to only have one on at a time? E.g. when I hit the button for the Tyrian, the other two are off automatically and I don't have to press 2 buttons.

When I get to building them, I'd really like to put the Malachite, Tyrian and Sanguine all in one box. Could I wire it to only have one on at a time? E.g. when I hit the button for the Tyrian, the other two are off automatically and I don't have to press 2 buttons.
You could do it with 3 Intelligent Relay Bypass Module. You don't need a "main bypass", as the active pedal can be turned off with its own footswitch.
From the product page:

Channel Switching Mode​

Channel Switching Mode is designed for use in multi-in-one combination effects pedals. When Channel Switching Mode is enabled only one effect can be active at a time.
Pressing any footswitch automatically activates that effect and bypasses any other active effect on the same control bus. Pressing the active footswitch again bypasses the effect.

Back