Envirotex Build Guide - final update

To drill out resin you'll need stepped drill bits, do not use regular drill bits or they'll lift the resin from the surface of the enclosure. I bought a set of three from Amazon about 8 years ago and am still using the same ones. They start at 4mm and go up in 2mm steps.

PXL_20230826_143117725.jpg

Now I don't use a pilot hole on these I just go straight in with the stepped bit. I like to line it up by eye and then bring the drill bit down to the top of the enclosure and pull it down a little into the surface of the resin to test I'm somewhere close to the centre of the hole. If you put a little pressure the sharp point of the drill bit will leave a little white mark on the resin so you can see where you are

IMG_20230826_153849.jpg

IMG_20230826_155502__01.jpg

Once you're happy then just go for it drilling at a really slow speed. If you're slightly off while going through the resin then the enclosure will catch the bit and pull it back in line. The holes are so large though that it's really easy to line it up.

I tried to shoot a quick video of this earlier and it probably wasn't the safest thing ever I was in the house on my own so was holding the enclosure with one hand, operating the drill with the other and holding my phone under my chin :ROFLMAO:

Then just rinse and repeat for the rest of your enclosures.

Actually with the 3mm led I don't drill those out I either leave them visible under the envirotex or hide them under the decal. I'll explain in a picture later on.

Once you're done then you're done and ready to build some pedals in these bad boys

IMG_20230826_154451.jpg

The envirotex also makes a bit of mess, thankfully it doesn't smell or anything and it's just soft bits of plastic.

IMG_20230826_155624.jpg

Here's an example of the LED hole hidden under the decal

IMG_20230826_161044.jpg

With a really bright white led under there it shines through really well and is completely invisible when it's not on. You genuinely would have no idea the pedal even had an led when it's not on. This is the light from the sun shining through the window to give you an idea.

IMG_20230826_161051.jpg

Then after cleaning we're all done. I hope this was helpful to a full people and wasn't too simplistic. If anyone wants to try resin and has any questions then just ask here or shoot me a message. I'll post some build reports on these when I get some circuits into them.

IMG_20230826_160642~2.jpg

Back