Equilux Mini

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Don't really understand what's going on under the hood here with matching boosts and cuts, but it sounds great! I've only messed around with it by itself and not with other effects, but it seems very versatile. I've tried a pretty regular sound and it makes me clean tone so much fuller. It's been a while since I watched demos from the original equinox, but just experimenting with maxing out the low and high ends makes it seem like there's so much to fine tune in between.

The board's well laid out as usual. I'd overheated a 2P4T on a different build so was super careful with these ones. I think this was also the first time I'd been brave enough to do SMD on the main board rather than breakout boards I used for my low tide. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I owe design inspiration to @music6000 's mockup - thank you! With this many knobs there wasn't going to be anything fancy going on and yours was such a clean design. I didn't really realize Width was linked with the hi cut, so mine might not make 100% aesthetically, but hey, I went with symmetry.

Finally finished this board after a couple months of distractions and missing bits and pieces. I drew up a tayda drill template based on some other pedalpcb 6 knob projects and added the three below for the 2P4Ts. I didn't realize the mounting holes needed to be wider but sorted that easily with a hand drill. I've updated the tayda template if anyone wants to use it. It might be a couple mms off, but it worked for me! Full disclosure: I moved the LED in the template, but I'm sure it'd be easy to figure out where the actual board mounted co-ordinates are. Footswitch breakout board lines up with pin headers on the main board.

Attachments

• equilux_face.jpg
    equilux_face.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 60
  • equilux_guts.jpg
    equilux_guts.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 60
  • equilux_side.jpg
    equilux_side.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 60
Back