Faceplates from Amplifyfun

ADAOCE

Hey all just thought I’d show what my first faceplate from amplifyfun looks like on my dung beetle (Tone Beetle).

In the process of making plates for all my graphic less builds from the past and will likely do these or something similar from now on. Really nice look and the 1/16 thickness is perfect.

Oh and also have to remove all the white washers from my builds lest I incur the wrath of GCF

Attachments

• 43B80A15-EE49-45B1-80F5-C02F60CA581B.jpeg
    43B80A15-EE49-45B1-80F5-C02F60CA581B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
  • B39406FD-07CD-48F3-8F81-137932197BEF.jpeg
    B39406FD-07CD-48F3-8F81-137932197BEF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
I’m getting ready to order a few faceplates, Including some of the metallic-look ones. That looks absolutely fantastic @ADAOCE! I think I may have to switch one of my designs to the copper, because that’s sick!
I saw the brass looking one on their Instagram and thought it was metal! I agree copper looks great!

I contacted them to get some made, but I'm too dense to understand how to make the vector files they need to create the faceplate. Circuits and schematics 🥱 graphics and inkscape 😵‍💫

I contacted them to get some made, but I'm too dense to understand how to make the vector files they need to create the faceplate. Circuits and schematics 🥱 graphics and inkscape 😵‍💫
Try a different program than Inkscape. I use Vectornator app on iPad (free) but might just buy Affinity Designer for iPad for $10. It’s not too bad once you get the hang of it

I use Vectornator app on iPad (free) but might just buy Affinity Designer for iPad for $10. It’s not too bad once you get the hang of it
Thanks for the suggestion! I started with Inkscape a few days ago. I’ve gotten further using vectornator in the hour I’ve been using it. Far more intuitive.

Thanks for the suggestion! I started with Inkscape a few days ago. I’ve gotten further using vectornator in the hour I’ve been using it. Far more intuitive.
Awesome!! Yeah Vectornator is good but I’ve heard Affinity is even better and it’s only a one time $10 fee. Just make sure you buy the iPad version. The regular suite for Mac and pc has a monthly licensing fee

Awesome!! Yeah Vectornator is good but I’ve heard Affinity is even better and it’s only a one time $10 fee. Just make sure you buy the iPad version. The regular suite for Mac and pc has a monthly licensing fee
I tried to send my first file to Spencer the other day, he recommended using at least affinity designer. Honestly, I need to make sure I’m determined enough before I spend money on it. I’m using my laptop for designing and don’t have a tablet. Although I thought it was a one time purchase for laptops…

Anyways, when you used Spencer’s templates did they load into vectornator at 1:1 scale. I loaded the 125b svg template and it’s 2-3 times larger than a 125b. I had this issue in Inkscape as well.

I had the same issue with Inkscape. It sounds like it’s a problem with how Illustrator exports SVG files but all the recommended fixes didn’t work for me so I am probably gonna give into Adobe :(

I had the same issue with Inkscape. It sounds like it’s a problem with how Illustrator exports SVG files but all the recommended fixes didn’t work for me so I am probably gonna give into Adobe :(

I find importing anything into Corel Draw shrinks it so I have learned to get my dimensions right up front or simply build things up from scratch.

Back