Favorite solder lead/tin/silver mix, gauge and provider?

I think you're correct for what I have. I was sold it as 24 style flux, which isn't on Kester's website. I got it confused with 245 which is sold as a no-clean solder (the packaging looks the same). The part number I have on the spool (2463370027) is for a Kester 44 rosin core solder.

Has anyone used the 245 flux. How does it do as far as getting a good joint without extra flux.

I thought this wet too good for something you weren't supposed to have to clean. I guess I was right about that part.

I have ordered a roll of the Kester 245 no-clean solder and will see how it does soldering down some FV-1 and surface mount for a mini-heterodyne.

I don't recommend the Kester 245 no-clean solder if you are unsure of your soldering ability or for surface mount unless you are using and additional flux, such as the Kester 186 Liquid flux.

It does have less residue, not no residue and is probably good for through hole if you are more experienced. I would still clean after, but there is less to clean.

I bought a pound of AIM 63-37 wire solder this weekend.

Woha! It was like gaining a new super power!

Thanks to every one here for the suggestions.

I use Kester 63/37 no clean but I have been wanting to try some eutectic silver solder. It is just very expensive.

Back
Top Bottom