finding FV-1 chip?

This makes me glad I pulled the trigger on the VCR / VHS or whatever it's called, and the Hydra before the shortage came "full circle". These chip shortages, and delays are insane.
Fun fact, my car went UP in price from the day I bought it (January this year)... so did my wife's, which we bought last year.. First time in history any vehicle I owned went up in value after driving it a while.. lol WE bought my Wife's car (Toyota 4 Runner) used, with 31,000 miles on it for a "deal" at $29,500.. Now, with 56,000 miles on it, it's TRADE value is $36,000, and private party value is around $39,000 - $41,500... like WTF? But the car lots are bare around here (and elsewhere I hear). Paid cash for my Camaro, 2013 with 29,000 miles on it, mint condition, paid $11,600 with a trade (was listed at $16,900) and now with 36k miles, Trade value of $26,500 and Private party valued at around $29,000... Makes me want to try and trade it in on something else, just because free money!

Last edited:
Messaged Small Bear and they said the lead time is 5 MONTHS!!! WHAT?! That’s just crazy. I’ve got stuff ready just waiting for it.

Last edited:
Yeah the worst part of this hobby for me is gathering the parts. I have been waiting for a single pot from Banzai for at least 3 months by now. :( Worst of all is that supposedly it was on stock at the time I bought it. Also I don't even have an estimated delivery date either.

This is straight from Spin Semi on their forum...

"Estimated lead time of 6 months, we are affected by the global semiconductor shortage like everyone else. And many countries are still going into COVID lock downs so we never know when a fab/packaging house/sub-supplier will have to stop due to a government lock down."

I have around 50 laying around, I can't "give them" for free but if it can help you guys... I'm in Canada so expect weirdly expensive shipping...
I just need 1, but not heaps keen to wait 5-6 months.

I'm happy to pay full price + shipping to Sydney, Australia if you don't mind posting overseas.

I have around 50 laying around, I can't "give them" for free but if it can help you guys... I'm in Canada so expect weirdly expensive shipping...
Would love to order a singular chip. Been really wanting one to start learning DSP with, and don’t wanna wait the aforementioned months it would take to get it from local distributors. Will pay for it plus shipping if you’re willing!

Oh man I'd take 2, I'm in saskatchewan. Let me know if you can ship me a couple and how you'd like to be paid.

Back