Finished a Sanguine tonight

peccary

I made this one for the guitar player in my on-again off-again band. He is a graphic designer and so wanted me to leave the pedal naked for him. He also has a laser engraving business so I'm stoked to see what he does. If/when he does artwork for it I'll post it here. I've gotta learn to do some kind of vector software because he offered to engrave some for me if I give him the vector files. We'll see!

Here's the finished pedal:

And here's the gut shot:

And here is a quick video I took to give him a little demo and show what each knob does. Keep in mind that this is a Sanguine played through a *bass* and is recorded with a phone through a Pignose amp, so please excuse the fidelity (or lack thereof)!

I made this one for the guitar player in my on-again off-again band. He is a graphic designer and so wanted me to leave the pedal naked for him. He also has a laser engraving business so I'm stoked to see what he does. If/when he does artwork for it I'll post it here. I've gotta learn to do some kind of vector software because he offered to engrave some for me if I give him the vector files. We'll see!

Here's the finished pedal:

And here's the gut shot:

And here is a quick video I took to give him a little demo and show what each knob does. Keep in mind that this is a Sanguine played through a *bass* and is recorded with a phone through a Pignose amp, so please excuse the fidelity (or lack thereof)!

Nice and clean

Love the demo. I need to try more of my pedals on bass.

Thanks, I didn't record it thinking of posting it here, but when I was looking at the photos I figured I might as well.

I've got three electric basses, one acoustic bass, an upright bass, acoustic guitar, but no electric guitar! :ROFLMAO: If had one I'd use it for demos instead since most I've built have been more guitar oriented (been building for friends mostly).

Very clean build; I, too, am looking forward to what your friend does with it. Moreso, looking forward to what you have your friend etch for you!

Ahh if only all demos were as succinct.

Very clean build; I, too, am looking forward to what your friend does with it. Moreso, looking forward to what you have your friend etch for you!

Ahh if only all demos were as succinct.

I actually sent him a message about it a couple of days ago and he'd not done anything. I'm beginning to get the feeling he might not get to it.

😹 The mechanic's car, the cobbler's kids' feet...

Well, as long as he makes time for your pending projects!

BTW, do you like the sound of crashing reverbs?

Well, you gave a real good smack to your pedal in the demo. Thought maybe you're in the habit with (real) spring reverb, or ... 😸
I had to re-watch it to see what you meant. I thought you meant I hit it with my hand, but I whacked it with the headstock :LOL:

I'm pretty sure the bass was slipping off my lap there - I have a tall stool in the garage and wasn't wearing a strap, so balancing a bass on my leg is a bit tough.

• Wow
Reactions: fig
Awesome! I’m a big cycling fan too. :)
@Feral Feline is a pretty big cyclist as well. I can't really call myself a cyclist any more, though. It's been about 7 or 8 years since I've ridden any real amount of miles. I'm not sure my bibs would appreciate the additional tensile strength needed to keep me contained at this point :ROFLMAO:

Back