Footswitch for DOD Rubberneck

Mentaltossflycoon

Just a quick little utility project I threw together today. I haven't tested it yet as I need to make a trs cable but I'm not too worried. Now my rubberneck can live happily underneath the pedalboard. Diodes are 1n4002. One button is bypass/rubbernecking, another is tap-tempo/ runaway and the third turns the modulation on and off.

Screenshot_20230103_223022.jpg Screenshot_20230103_223040.jpg

Update: good news is it works!

Bad news is that I didn't read the fine print and evidently these don't bypass. The switch still triggers the rubbernecking but I still need to step on the switch on the box for this to work..... what's the point of this? I'm guessing it's for the big switcher folks who have it in a loop to begin with. I guess I can put my delay in my Tonebone fx loop and the loop/boost switch will be my rubberneck bypass. That or put the delay back on the pedalboard proper. Bummer. I think I just assumed that going from two stompers to three would only add functions.

Edit: I just realized putting it in a loop will negate the tails function, which I use. Son of a bitch. I may have wasted a cool 1590b.

Last edited:
Back