Fortune Teller's Compressor (Delegate Compressor Boneyard)

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Im a little late to the party with this one. Ive been wanting to make myself a compressor and here we are. The delegate compressor based on the EQD warden. This one is the boneyard edition which means this has Chucks mods on it. Ive been reading on the forum about this compressor and everyone whos built it had high praise for it. I can see why!

I can already say this a pedal that im going to always have on when playing. You really do not notice how good this pedal is until you turn it off. Its hard to tell but you guitar is sooo much clearer when playing notes. Each string clearly plucked when strumming chords. I love the SUSTAIN knob on this, you get a nice amount of sustain. I plugged it up today to my breadboarded fuzz face and it was pure bliss! It can get pretty loud with it all the way up so make sure to compensate with the LEVEL. The ATTACK and RELEASE knobs im still trying to understand. I just know i like the ATTACK past noon and the RELEASE before noon.

As for the build this was very straightforward. Nothing you should have to worry about. I was going to go with the optional 3mm LEDs but i realized i only had 1 so i installed it anyways! Ill come back one day and put in the other and see what kind of difference it makes. This is the first time i used a latching basic relay bypass board. I love the action when pushing down on a momentary footswitch over the 3pdt. I read this setup will last longer overall as well so a win overall for me!

IDK how i feel about the design. This is me experimenting and seeing how different colors come out. My GF actually really likes it. I think i couldve done a better job with the design if im going to be honest with myself. Its not bad i just feel ive done better in the past. I dont consider it a loss though, theres something there that i like i just cant put my finger on it.

All in all 5 out 5 for me. I love this compressor and all that it has to offer. I highly suggest this one if you need a compressor!

Thanks for reading guys,
Steve

IMG-1244.jpg

IMG-1246.jpg

IMG-1247.jpg

IMG-1248.jpg

IMG-1243.jpg

I love that design, especially how the blue section curves. That contrast is brilliant. Another win for Chicken Wing Audio! 🐓
Wow really wasn’t expecting this! Thank you for the kind words!

The blue section is supposed to be a crystal ball. I tried my best to make the words and labels apart of it.

Back