DEMO FUZZILLA VS AKHIBARA

This post contains an audio or video demo

kerryfine

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Excited to share: FUZZILLA VS AKHIBARA - high gain highly variable fuzz.

Concept created during my visit to Tokyo while searching Akhibara electric town and finding a killer 50 pack of NOS Toshiba 2SA478 transistors. These transistors are wild everywhere I’ve tried them! Decided to P2P wire everything on perfboard for “fun”.

Akhibara’s attack = Germanium Radiation: high gain fuzz stacked with 4.5 Toshiba 2SA478 Ge transistors (.5 because of extra one used as Ge diode). Based on modified Park Sound fuzz/TB mkIII

Fuzzilla’s attacks= Atomic Breath: analog octave up (pre-fuzz)
&
Nuclear Pulse: Phase 45 w/ univibe switch (post-fuzz)

Pots: Fuzz, Tone (DBA Fuzz War style), Charge (alternative gain control going into later gain stages), Volume, Pulse (speed for phaser)
Switches: Meltdown (adds 4th Ge transistor gain stage), Isotope (switch between 5th 2SA478 used as Ge diode clipping vs CBS 1N69), Fission (tone bypass), Decay (set voltage starve to transistors), Univibe switch (for phaser)

Demos attached as well as photos from Akhibara, Tokyo. Just need to solder in the socketed transistors.

IMG_2055.jpeg IMG_2056.jpeg IMG_2057.jpeg IMG_2058.jpeg IMG_2059.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2061.jpeg
    IMG_2061.jpeg
    673.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2060.jpeg
    IMG_2060.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
That's weird. Was it a raster or vector image? I don't think the candy enclosure should affect it, hammered ones would make it uneven but that looks weird indeed.

I love that you went to Japan and built a pedal! This looks and sounds incredible dude! 🤘

Lmao let me tell you it wasn’t as easy as Josh (JHS) made it look. I was going vendor to vendor with translation on my phone to “germanium transistor.” No one had any clue, I just had to keep my eyes peeled looking through the glass cases.

Back