General Tso and Buffered Breakout Board?

mkstewartesq

Hello:

About to build the General Tso, which will be my first effect with buffered bypass. Is it possible to use the buffered bypass breakout board with this PCB? If so, could anyone give me pointers on how the breakout board should be wired to the PCB? I have attached pictures of the wiring per the build doc and the breakout board if that helps.

I don’t have a problem manually wiring the 3PDT per the build documents if I need to - but I accidentally purchased some buffered breakout boards a while back that are just going unused so I thought I would use one of them here if possible. However, obviously the wiring in general is new to me, especially not knowing what to do with that “mute“ pad on the PCB since there isn’t a corresponding labeled pad on the breakout board.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1548.jpeg
    IMG_1548.jpeg
    481.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1547.jpeg
    IMG_1547.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 20
I was wondering the same thing since all the build reports show manual wiring (how barbaric🤣).

yes, I think you can just wire the breakout board with the 4 wires (straight across) and ignore the mute and bp pads.

I've seen build reports with it done this way. I'm debating whether I want to do the same myself.

Back