General Tso LED

Jtran3000

Great compressor! The pedal effect sound works when engaged but LED does not light up. All soldered connections are tidy and didn't overheat anything during that process. I checked other threads and confirmed polarity of LED legs. It's a new LED that functions properly and I tested it before installing. Any advice?
Thanks

Someone might correct me, but I don’t think they’re suppose to. Just this pedal and it sounds great, no light in the leds. If I’m wong I hope someone can tell us both what we’re doing wrong.

I don't see how the LDR's could do anything if the LED's aren't lighting
Yeah thought they were gonna light up when playing, but since the pedal does compress the sound quite nicely(although maybe not as intended) I didn’t think too much about it. But I’m not gonna take over someone elses thread. I’m currently trying to figure out a tone vendor so I’ll spend some time with that.

This. The gain reduction is applied based on the LED lighting up, so it would need to work to get the right effect.

Took them out and double-checked the polarity. They don’t light up when I play guitar, but if I take the jack out of the pedal and touch the tip with my finger they both light up with full power. I did use 8mm instead of 5mm(had some laying around).

jtran3000: Are you struggling with the internal leds or the indicator?

Took them out and double-checked the polarity. They don’t light up when I play guitar, but if I take the jack out of the pedal and touch the tip with my finger they both light up with full power. I did use 8mm instead of 5mm(had some laying around).

jtran3000: Are you struggling with the internal leds or the indicator?

Thanks, I am struggling with the indicator. The internal LEDs are fine. I removed the LED indicator and tested it and it was functional. It was also installed onto the pcb board to the correct corresponding poles (+/-).

Back