Glory Hole no sound

Dnorbert

Hello guys!

So i’ve built the Glory Hole, I ordered the kit from musikding.com.
IMG_0382.jpeg

First time it didnt work, i might have put in the ic the wrong way and also burnt one of the capacitors with my soldering iron. Then for the second time I’ve changed all the 100n and 10n capacitors, the IC and the switch. I know I should be audio probing but I don’t have the resistor for that.

Can sombody help me? I’ve reflown everything multiple times, checked for coninuity. When following the signal backwards, I’ve got strong buzz up until the Tone knob. Also the led works, bypass works, when I crank the volume on the amp I have a very quiet signal coming thru when engaged.

Thank in advance. I can do readings and better photos tomorrow.

Have you tried it before boxing it?
Is there a cover on that middle pot under the board.

You should really audio trace. Changing everything won't help a lot and may only make things worst.

Are you sure you did not fry that IC ?

You should really audio trace. Changing everything won't help a lot and may only make things worst.

This, there’s a better chance than not that IC is now dead. You will need to audio probe pins 1,2 and 3.

I have changed the IC to a brand new one, what reading should I get at the transistor? Can I fry that with the soldering iron? Thanks for the replies.

Back