Golden Falk (Colombo Plexi Breed)

Hirti

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Growing up watching music videos and concerts all the cool bands played Marshalls. That's the reason why I always thought Marshall amps are the best. I do own a Marshall tube amp now, a DSL5CR. It's a great amp but even at the 1W settings I can barely crank it up or else I'd drive my apartment neighbors insane.

Anyway, I was really curios about the Golden Falk because it had a bit of hype here a while ago, I think @Robert even mentioned this being his favorite MIAB pedal if I remember correctly? And boy does this pedal sounds great! :love: 🤟 For me this ends my search for MIAB type pedals. It really nails those Marshall tones that I had in my head. It's kinda funny. I think the original looks hideous and I would probably have never tried one in a music store because of its look but I am glad I built this one!
The mode switch is really awesome and gives you quite the variety. The upper setting (1987) has a bit too much gain for me most of the time so I usually use the other two modes (mostly the 1959). Between the two gain "channels" there's tons of variety to be had and it's hard to get a bad sound out of this pedal. The one knob tone control is simple but does a good job at reducing the highs. Would kind of be interesting to know how this pedal sounds with a full 3 band EQ. The pedal also sounds very good when hit by a Rangemaster type of boost. :)

As always this is a Tayda UV printed enclosure, this time on a "metallic gold" enclosure. I had also used a varnish gloss on this pedal and I was kinda annoyed by that choice at first because the black background was very reflective (you can see it in the first picture). But that's really only when it gets hit by a direct light source and if it's on the pedal board it really isn't that bad and you can read all the controls without any problems.

miab1.jpg
miab3.jpeg
miab2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back