Greengage feedback noise

stevtron

My Greengage is way too loud for my taste. Volume pot half open is as much as I can go without earbleeding and then it starts howling like a wolf too . Some ideas how I can tame the beast ?

I just finished my Greengage as well. Do you find it a bit treble heavy? It seems to be significantly thinner and higher-voiced when compared to my Oasis (Dunes) build. I A-B tested it on my Bassman Ten as well as my Single Recto and the thing is just an icepick.

I just finished my Greengage as well. Do you find it a bit treble heavy? It seems to be significantly thinner and higher-voiced when compared to my Oasis (Dunes) build. I A-B tested it on my Bassman Ten as well as my Single Recto and the thing is just an icepick.

You could try upping your C1 and C2 values. Socket them and play around!

I’d stick a 68n in C1, but experiment! The 33n cap on the greengage is almost down to rangemaster levels (5n) haha, but with a 10uf output cap it should be a pretty flat response...Upping your input cap is going to quite possibly mess with your frequency response and gain level...but in this case it may be for the better.

Back