Greengage OD (EQD plumes)

Paradox916

Im going to squeeze one last build for the year here… nothing too crazy.. I really thought I was done building tube screamers, but this one gets a lot of love so I had to see what the fuss was about. I have to admit I wasn’t expecting it to be anything amazingly different. Turns out it’s a tube screamer … who would have thought 🤣 right ?… it’s a TS with definitely its own tricks, and these work very well for my purposes, and although we are still in the honeymoon stage I rather like this one, not too loud not a bunch of switches and knobs I don’t like or won’t use just the clipping options which is perfect. It can go from a cleanish boost to a little bit of a growl.

IMG_0186.jpeg
The build went pretty easily, I recycled the name from mu oasis build I did because It just wasn’t what I was looking for and this saved me a little time on the design
IMG_0173.jpeg
All in all I think it turned out well and sounds like what I was wanting … at least for moment…you know how that goes 🤣. IMG_0174.jpeg

That looks great! How bright do you find it? I had a production version and it was just too bright to me unless the tone control was dumped most of the way. I really liked the LED clipping mode though and figured I could build something similar, but a little less piercing.

That looks great! How bright do you find it? I had a production version and it was just too bright to me unless the tone control was dumped most of the way. I really liked the LED clipping mode though and figured I could build something similar, but a little less piercing.
yeah it can get pretty bright, but my rig is also on the dark side so it works well for me, I think that’s one of the reasons it’s as loved as it is by a specific cross section of players.

Back