GrrrRoar (Fordoble Boost + Drive)

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hi Everyone!

So this circuit is the Fordoble boost and drive which is based on the Thorpy FX The Dane. The Dane is one kick ass overdrive and just so happens to be one thats on my top list. Both @HamishR and @MichaelW have praised this overdrive and with good reason. Usually i see the boost after the drive but in this case the boost is in front which pushes the overdrive into more gain bliss. The tone control is amongst one of my favorite tone controls. It reminds ALOT of a BMP tone control. The BOTTOM is fun to use i like having it quite high to get that bottom end "growl".

As for the build it went quite smoothly. This isnt a hard build but i did substitute a few things. First off i replaced the 10n with a 15n cap. The 330k resistor i subbed in a 360K. And i just used Tl072s in place of the 2 OPA2134s. Theres something about the layout of this particular board that just looks good. I like the spacing and even the footprint spacing for the clipping diodes. As for the GE diodes i used 1N270 Ge diodes that read .334 Vf and .343 Vf on the DCA75. They sound freaking amazing and i cant choose whether i like the original 1n747A zener diodes or these more! @Robert thank you for adding the GRIT switch i think the GE diodes add so much character! The only thing i wish i had was more room so i can add 2 basic relay bypass foot switches. I think that would make this preeeeem.

In conclusion this is one of my favorite overdrives. I know it seems like i have a new favorite every time i build a pedal but guys this one is worth it! I highly recommend and suggest this circuit to anyone! Im thinking of putting up a demo of it tomorrow! Let the pedal speak for itself! 5 out 5!

IMG-1347.jpg

IMG-1349.jpg

IMG-1348.jpg

IMG-1351.jpg

Back