GuitarPCB D'Lay

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My first delay pedal. I was ordering some other stuff from Barry over at GuitarPCB and happened upon this one. I pretty much had everything for it except the PT2399. This one looked pretty straight forward plus it was on sale so just grabbed it. Not a big delay guy unless it gets weird. Luckily there are a lot of mods that can be done with this one. I like my women like my delay pedals. Weird.

It's based off the Rebote Delay. Which I had never heard of. I went looking at the PPCB catalog and noticed the Seabed Delay looked very similar to this one. As far as I can see on the interwebs they are different. Maybe just tuned different?

The mod for the footswitch for "infinite repeats" piqued my interest. So, I had to incorporate that.

It was a pretty straightforward build. No major issues I ran into except I labeled the Time and Repeats backwards. SMH. I'm not used to side jacks, so it was a challenge to tidy up the wires. Still a bit messier than I like but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Works well. I would like to get the repeats footswitch or get a little weirder so I may tweak it a bit. Otherwise, it works for me. I also bought the Seabed Delay so I will be looking forward to building that too.

Attachments

• 20231015_150640.jpg
    20231015_150640.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231015_150659.jpg
    20231015_150659.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20231015_150711.jpg
    20231015_150711.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 39
Dude your pedals are getting much better! Its awesome seeing your progress! This looks fantastic!

Very clean inside as well....

Your going to like the Sea Bed ive been meaning to rebuild one with mods!
Much appreciated! I'm really enjoying progressing with each build.

Cool.

A long time ago I looked at that board, and also noticed the Deep Blue Delay was similar — I'm pretty sure you could build a DBD on the D'lay board.

Back