H.A.R.P.S. (Skeptical Buffer)

jcpst

So I had a casual jam session with some musicians I know. One of them had the 29 Pedals EUNA, so of course I had to ask him what he thought of it.

He flipped the switches and I did think the filters sounds pretty nice. Knowing it was available here, I decided to give it a shot.

I don’t really dig the H filter, but B and L were quite nice.

About the footswitch- I made that mistake on one of my first builds. I was fresh out of footswitches so I asked in general questions and it works fine with all the wiring inverted.

I wasn’t here for the drama, but I thought I would give a nod to it in the name.

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    818.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg
    531.8 KB · Views: 49
i'm curious about this one; worth it? what type of pen did you use to write on the enclosure?

A pack of acrylic black and white pens from amazon.

Is it worth it? 🤷‍♂️
I don’t think I can say yes, but I can say it’s a decent little toneshaper. I do like the idea of a having a few switches as the interface, cool in that dimension C sort of way.

I will say, I tried it in front of my Thermionic. Mine oscillates when all six knobs are dimed. I don’t really ever use it that way, but when I noticed it does that, I happened to have the Skeptical Buffer in the chain, and turning it on stopped the oscillation!

Love the name!

Wait.... are you saying it is a buffer after all? 🤯

Unbelievable.

Thanks- it popped in my head while I was already labeling the controls, so I went for it.

Ok now, so Skeptical Buffer is a proper name- I never explicitly called it a buffah in this thread! 😁

The guy I know who owns the EUNA was correcting me when I called it a buffer. :rolleyes: He also mentioned his (non-musician) wife made fun of him because of how it "cost so much but does so little".

A pack of acrylic black and white pens from amazon.

Is it worth it? 🤷‍♂️
I don’t think I can say yes, but I can say it’s a decent little toneshaper. I do like the idea of a having a few switches as the interface, cool in that dimension C sort of way.

I will say, I tried it in front of my Thermionic. Mine oscillates when all six knobs are dimed. I don’t really ever use it that way, but when I noticed it does that, I happened to have the Skeptical Buffer in the chain, and turning it on stopped the oscillation!
all i needed to hear was "decent little toneshaper."

Back