Heat and issue for waterslide decal on tube pedal? also velcro?

drgonzo1969

I finished up wiring the Sushi Box FX Black Eye the other day and now its time for enclosure artwork and then add it to the pedalboard. A few concerns crossed my mind. Do any of you guys have experience with waterslide decals on pedals with tubes in them? My concern is that when the pedal is in use for extended amounts of time and heats up, the waterslide decal may peel off or discolor. Also I have similar concerns with the adhesive for the pedalboard tape. I use the 3M dual lock. Anybody have experience in this department?

I finished up wiring the Sushi Box FX Black Eye the other day and now it’s time for enclosure artwork and then add it to the pedalboard. A few concerns crossed my mind. Do any of you guys have experience with waterslide decals on pedals with tubes in them? My concern is that when the pedal is in use for extended amounts of time and heats up, the waterslide decal may peel off or discolor. Also I have similar concerns with the adhesive for the pedalboard tape. I use the 3M dual lock. Anybody have experience in this department?
They don’t get hot or even warm enough to distort the water slide or the adhesive for the Velcro.. it’s not like a tube amp I. That there is t enough power going through them to generate a lot of heat.

Cool. I figured it was probably wasn’t an issue but I wanted to ask before I make the decals and clear coat them. I’m running low on clear coat hahaha. Thanks for chiming in

Last edited:
Back