Help troubleshooting Antithesis Fuzz

neiltheseal

Hi. I ordered this pcb from EASYEDA and it works and sounds great. I shamelessly borrowed the schematic and layout from the Antihiseis fuzz since I don't know what I'm doing (imitation is the highest form of flattery right?).

It works well and sounds awesome, except...when I turn the input potentiometer 100% clockwise I get a lot of feedback. Does anyone know why this might be?

Here's a video of the sound. Kinda sounds like a car having trouble starting. It's only at the last 5% of the b100k pot.

The pot is the bottom right of the pcb with the pots facing up, and on the other side of it is C1 and C3.

MORE INFO

I did an audio probe and the weird noise starts at the collector of Q1. The voltage is about 1.8 V. But the sounds seems to go away when it's at about 1.9-2v. The voltage goes down when the out when I turn the output pot clockwise.

I realise that I have included the components for the GE version, despite me making the SI version. I have fixed this and even replaced the B100k pot but the issue reamins.

Please help this is frustrating me since it is a pretty awesome pedal otherwise.

Attachments

• Schematic_Harmonic Percolator(Karma Sutra)_2023-08-04.jpg
    Schematic_Harmonic Percolator(Karma Sutra)_2023-08-04.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 19
  • ks2.jpeg
    ks2.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 18
  • KS1.jpeg
    KS1.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Harmonic percolator.png
    Harmonic percolator.png