Help with Oasis (EQD Dunes) Build. Voice toggle stopped working

rstofferahn

Hi there! Fairly new to building and modding pedals. I have have a rough idea on how to read schematics but still learning.

Im building an Oasis (EQD Dunes). I got it finished and sounding great, I started to do some basic mods (small value changes here and there) and everything was going great, but at some point my Voice (diode) toggle (on/off/on) stopped working. It sounds like its just bypassing the diodes. Swapped the switch and that didn't help.

I did have it outside of its enclosure on my pedalboard while testing. Is it possible I shorted something out?

Ive reversed all the mods I did just to be sure, reflowed every single solder joint, pcb looks fine, no visible shorts or anything touching each other.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks!

Heres some pictures with all the mods.

R6 - swapped the 22k resistor with an on/on switch with a 27k resistor and a 6.8k resistor
C4 - swapped the 10uf cap with a 1uf cap.

Changed up the Asymmetrical clipping section (1N4148) with LEDs in D2 and D1 and a 1N5817 in D3

Attachments

• IMG_1355 2 copy.jpeg
    IMG_1355 2 copy.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1356 2 copy.jpeg
    IMG_1356 2 copy.jpeg
    456.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1357 2 copy.jpeg
    IMG_1357 2 copy.jpeg
    454.9 KB · Views: 5
Can we get a clearer shot of the toggle switch terminals?

Also a marked up image of the schematic would be cool just for convenience if you have one.

Hard to be sure, but that switch looks like it says on/on. You mentioned on/off/on.

Back
Top Bottom